Monday, May 5, 2008

The Call to Brilliance by Resa Steindel Brown


Blogview with Resa Steindel Brown -
Book Title: The Call to Brilliance by Resa Steindel Brown
Published by: fredric press.
Release Date: January, 2007

What inspired you to write the book?
My children inspire me. They have shown me who we are at birth and how we can bring that miraculous divinely inspired being into adult life. They encouraged me to document our experiences so that others may benefit from our journey.

What is your favorite chapter in the book – and why?
“Stephen,Just Stephen” I enjoy reading about Stephen as an adult. It shows how the ‘chaos’ he was so good at creating as a child has facilitated him as an international entrepreneur with a big heart. It shows how what might appear to be our worst challenges can become our greatest strengths.

Do you have other books you have written? If yes, what are they?
I am currently working on a manual that well help others put their own journey into process.

Is there a particular event that stands out to you that helped you become an author? I would have been a writer, but not a published author, had it not been for the faith, dedication, and vision of my youngest son, Matthew. Had he not taken the document, published it, promoted it and passionately believed in the message it brings into the world, it would never have become a book. It would still have been a document sitting in hundreds of files buried in my computer, and I would still be someone who writes, but not an author.

Was there a person in your life that believed in you even more than you believed in yourself? If so – who was that person? When editing this book (20 years of writing) seemed like an impossible job, my husband just wouldn’t let me give up. Every night I went to bed feeling overly tired and overwhelmed. Every morning, sitting on my nightstand, was a gift…a love note and a new round of edits.

What advice would you give to writers wishing to have their works published?
Don’t quit.

Who is your favorite author?
I don’t have just one favorite. I read different books for different reasons. I really respect William Glasser, M.D., Joseph Chilton Pearce, Thomas Moore, Parker Palmer and a number of others who focus on the issues I think are vital to the way we see life and raise our young.

Do you have an author website? What is it?
Our website is http://www.thecalltobrilliance.com/

What is your favorite quote?
“Follow your bliss.” - Joseph Campbell.

***********
Thank you Resa for the blogview - :) Your book really touched my life and the way that I view my children and their personal inner brilliance. My favorite quote from the book - "Every story is a love story regardless of the content because it teaches us about us."

1 comment:

Alyson | New England Living said...

What an interesting interview! It's gotten me intrigued.