Saturday, September 20, 2008

Tall Skinny Cappuccino by Kimberly Huff


Author BlogVIEW
With Kimberly Huff

Book Title: Tall Skinny Cappuccino
Publisher: Mapletree Publishing
Release Date: Sept. 8, 2008 (HOT OFF THE PRESS)

What inspired you to write this book?
Living in a city as a naive, southern gal! Boston is so romantic. The restaurants, the history, the snow-covered parks. I also wanted to send a message out to girls. I wrote TSC when I was single and all my friends were getting married. When I had no clue what to do with my life after I graduated, I wanted to convey the message to women that a career doesn't define you. Neither does a man. That happiness is not in your job or your relationship status. Emma, in TSC, is confident in who she is. She sticks to her morals and no matter what never loses sight of who she is....bit bum and all!

What is your favorite chapter in the book and why?
This book is my baby so I can't say. Some are laugh out loud, hysterical, like Emma's first ensounter with Jack. Some are frustrating, as you watch Emma have out loud epiphanies that make you want to shake her. Some are serious, as Emma struggles to do the right thing. Some are very real and relatable. I can't pick one, as they all mean different things to me.

Do you have other books you have written? If yes, what are they?
Not yet, but I am working on one. I kinda put it on hold when TSC was released.

Is there a particular event that stands out to you that helped you become an author?
Well, I've always been a dreamer. And loved writing stories as a kid, but moving to Boston, working at a coffee shop, dating city,Yankee boys....it all led up to TSC. Spending the summer in smalltown TX gave me the opportunity to put my ideas on paper.

Was there a person in your life who believed in you more than you believed in yourself? If so, who was that person?
My Dad. He has always been my dream booster. He never said don't do this. Or you can't do this bc it's too expensive. He funded my dreams and encouraged me all the way, in whatever I set out to do.

What advice would you give to writers wishing to have their works published?
Don't give up! Write. Write for yourself, then try to get published. I went to a workshop that helped me pitch my manuscript. You can get an agent or self-publish or find someone who will take a change on a rookie (like I did). Whatever works for you. But most importantly, I encourage you to write. It's therapy. It's the best part!

Who is your favorite author?
Sophie Kinsella and Francine Rivers

Do you have an author website?
http://www.kimberly-huff.com/

What is your favorite quote?
"I'm looking for love. Real love. Ridiculous, inconvenient, consuming, can't-live-without-each-other love." ~ Carrie Bradshaw, Sex and the City

*************
Upcoming Author Event:
Date: Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Time: 6:00 pm
Event: Book Signing at Davis-Kidd Bookstore
Address: 387 Perkins
Memphis, TN

Books are available through Amazon, Mapletree Publishing Company and your local bookstore!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This book is amazing. Clean but not stuffy, entertaining, hysterical, deep, and captivating. I loved reading this interview.