Tuesday, January 18, 2011

"Emotional Vampires" by Albert J. Bernstein, Ph.D.

I’m a big fan of our public library. My daughter (who is 8) loves reading chapter books and a few days ago, we made a trip to the library to grab more “Judy Moody” books. The place where these particular books are stored happens to be near the self-help books. I love self-help books and often find myself wandering down the aisle checking out the titles.
My fingers were doing the walking (you know the routine – run your fingers along the titles) until you find one that jumps out at you. My hand stopped immediately on the spine of “Emotional Vampires: Dealing with People Who Drain You Dry” by Albert J. Bernstein, Ph.D.

WOW! What a title huh? I simply had to check it out and bring it home!

It’s been a very interesting read and I enjoy the Author’s insights, humor and tips for dealing with and protecting ourselves from the people around us that can suck the joy out of living!
It's a new year - I figure we might as well arm ourselves with tools to combat the tough stuff and people around us! :)

For more information visit: http://www.albernstein.com/id55.htm

1 comment:

Elizabeth Mueller said...

We love the library! We just came back from the library today and my kids had an armload of books each. Well, but for my 5 year old. I had to get a book for him! ;)

YA Paranormal Romance Darkspell coming fall of 2011!
Can Alex save Winter from the darkness that hunts her?

♥.•*¨Elizabeth¨*•.♥
www.authorelizabethmueller.com
facebook
Twitter
Goodreads